Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blood (not the Last vampire)

Hoo-boy.

I think the thing to say most about this is that when I read her, I feel as if I already happen to know a lot of what she has to say. But I also kind of get a feeling of not caring about why other's blog. Mostly because one can reach an interpretation of one's own just by reading what another tends to write.

However, I found much of what she says to be true.

When I first started out blogging, I was in the... ninth grade? Tenth? Whatever the time period, looking back at my first posts, I have to say that I was extremely... naive? Uncharacteristically cheerful and dumb blondish? Looking at what I do now, I can very well tell that I keep an audience in mind, I take time to look up something interesting to tell the world, link items I find amusing and actually think in my head sometimes "Gee, golly, gosh! I should put that in my blog!"

When I get those times, I make a full decision to take off a few days.

What I didn't know is that I can slap on a copyright without paying my left pinky toe in return. And here I thought no matter what I wrote, someone would steal it and I'd have nothing to be able to say in return. It actually makes me more confident on placing not only thoughts, but possible lyrical type things. And make me feel all professional like.

I think my favorite thing to do with blogging is sharing what I find. Things I find hilarious or amusing (and sometimes just scary), I can easily post it and have any of my friends or family check it out and get their thoughts as well. It starts conversations, everyone gets a laugh and sometimes get a response of something amusing back.

Of course, I admit that I sometimes find myself (ashamedly) reading a book by it's cover. If the title just doesn't catch my attention, I figure, why even check it out? Sure, there may be one or two thoughtful thoughts, but I can live without them (that's another reason why I love the internet. I can be picky about what I choose to see). Of course, if something is too crazy or random, I also won't want to go back, but I can't help it. I'm American. I want things fast and in the now.

Analyzing the book makes me feel like I'm analyzing myself.

Damn.

Random Fact: The Quarrymen, Johnny and the Moondogs, Long John and The Beatles, The Silver Beetles, then The Beatles.

No comments: