Monday, April 21, 2008

Test of Trials

The stress just keeps piling and making something of itself.

The end of the year is upon us. The part about being an RA is the ability to juggle what we hope we can handle. Usually, I end up doing something fantastic, like managing to pull off five balls at once--but I've found that those are usually flukes, and I've got to just pull myself together to keep the real tricks that I know well going.

I did my new bulletin board on the stresses of life and school, and the need to get a good balance. It basically made a list of how to make a schedule for yourself; how to study and then relax between study sessions.

I, myself, have too much on my plate. With the luck I've had, my tape got smashed with my footage, which my teacher understands and gave me another chance until Wednesday, but I have projects due, a paper I've put off way too long and even more so to keep up with my residents, who are also freaking out about school and life. But I have to remember the good things:

*I won $31 at our local co-op
*Ben Folds concert was epic
*My new glasses are working out perfect
*I still have money on my college ID
*I got a summer position and my Gamestop position
*Showers are still the best anythings ever
*I have great friends and family

There are so many more... And tonight is the night that I get everything back into it's own place. Where it's supposed to be.

Random Fact: 75% of the general population experiences at least "some stress" every two weeks (National Health Interview Survey). Half of those experience moderate or high levels of stress during the same two-week period. Stress contributes to heart disease, high blood pressure, strokes, and other illnesses in many individuals. Stress also affects the immune system, which protects us from many serious diseases.

No comments: