Sunday, April 20, 2008

Summer?

I'm pretty sure I got sun burnt yesterday.

It was gorgeous, so I parked myself outside to do some homework. Joining me were Seth, Russell, Lisa, Angi, Laura, Nikki and some random come and goes. For about an hour, I worked, then the rest of the time was spent talking, laughing and enjoying the warm weather.

We then had the Festival of Nations, in which there are many booths set up with food we can buy for a dollar, a stage with performances to see traditional attire and song and then places where you can buy things. I tried almost every booth (I only had a certain amount of tickets), bought some fancy chopsticks (I keep forgetting mine at home), got my name in Chinese characters, made a God's Eye (memories of selling those at garage sales) and also got some henna on my hand.

It was really cool to talk to the people manning the booths, especially the foreign exchange students, as they talked about how they came about to Minnesota.

After the day spanned out, Martha and I then went to the pub to hang out with Traci and her parents. The next few hours were spent laughing at each other's stories. It's been a while, laughing that hard for that long. And it's nice to know that my family aren't the only one's crazy ^_~

In a few hours, I'll be on my way to seeing the Ben Folds concert. I'm not sure how it'll all pan out. This'll be the first time Dan and I will "hang out" since he decided I wasn't worth his time, and then I decided he wasn't worth mine. Emily and Corey for fantabulous people, but I haven't really done much with them besides the random hanging out and STLF trip, which is different in itself.

It's exciting, though.

I got a summer position at Residential Life, and the Gamestop is a good call. No school, friends and two jobs? Plus, the people who also got positions or will be around... This summer is going to be exactly what I need.

I just wanted to update--I always kind of feel bad when I leave my blog for a certain amount of time, as if it has feelings of some sort. I am busy, but there's always time for a quick blog lovin'.

I'm off to clip the ends of the flowers I received from Mandikat's recital, the one's that are happy to be around and make happy smells in my dorm room.

Random Fact: The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra’s “It’s a Wonderful Life.”

No comments: