Thursday, April 3, 2008

Daydream Believer

Last night, I had the worst charlie horse in my right calf leg in the history of Mallory's Charlie Horses In Right Calf Legs. I'm still sore from it this morning!

It didn't surprise me, really. From 10-midnight, I was playing basketball with Martha, Josh, and Shiloh (with a taste of Jessica ever-so-often, but her left shoulder is hurt, so she couldn't play as much). It'd been a while, and it was a lot of fun. I was reminded of how me and my brother would play during the summer. We used to have a basketball net on our garage on our other house, but we can't really at our "new" one.

We played Lightning and Pig.

Actual conversation when I received 2nd place in Pig with Martha.

Me: Damn it!
Martha: Tha'll do pig. Tha'll do.

I laughed pretty hard.

I'm assuming that all of the quick moves in the calves was what brought on the whole muscle spasm of PAIN. And then not really stretching afterwards. Since I was one of the people who set up the event, I helped tear down at the end of the night, then ended up going to my room and conversing with mother about the pain in my heart.

Since hearing that Dan wasn't going to be an RA next year, I felt really hit. Everyone else seemed to have been told personally while I was left to find on my own. I was really hurt. I was angry at myself because I decided not to say something about my concerns as a friend for him. I've been hurt for two weeks that he's barely talked to me, much less even making any normal friend contact.

To be honest, neither of us are in the clear for making that "just friends" work.

I had a dream last night that Dan, some random people and I were in a house together. I was cleaning house, picking up old stuffed animals and clearing the floor to see the white, cushy carpet that I remember thinking, "This is comfort." I can't recall why, but Dan came over holding a CD player. I wasn't even looking at him, and he placed the headphones over my ears. I jumped and looked at him, wondering what was going on. "What am I supposed to do with this?" I asked, and he held up the player, pressed play, then handed me the player. I looked down at the player, the song starting, when he suddenly crushed me against him and kissed my temple, holding tight, then letting go and started to walk away. I told him to wait, but he looked back, smiled, then motioned that I should listen to the song. There were words, but I couldn't keep them in my head for the life of me. I think this is where I started to wake up, because I remember consciously trying to concentrate on the song, wondering if I knew it or not, but the words just played by my ear and were forgotten in the dream.

I think that was the first time that Dan has ever been in my dreams.

Random Fact: We dream on average of one or two hours every night. And we often even have 4-7 dreams in one night. Five minutes after the end of the dream, half the content is forgotten. After ten minutes, 90% is lost. Dreamers who are awakened right after REM sleep, are able to recall their dreams more vividly than those who slept through the night until morning.

No comments: