Saturday, April 5, 2008

Miss Hugs-a-lot

What is up with these wuss hugs lately?

I have to say, if you're going to give a hug, give a hug. A hug represents the warmth and happiness you have, so when I get a hug that feels like hugging a brick wall, a small part of myself feels put out.

Given, there are multiple hardships when hugs are concerned, but I believe we can work around this an create a world where this sort of affection isn't felt as mandatory or awkward (an certainly not expected), but... natural.

I'm completely sore, though. We had Relay for Life from 9pm-6am (no, those times are not screwed up). I was already tired, but I managed. I ended up rock climbing a round, something I haven't done since New Zealand, so I'm a bit sore form that, but my feet are sore from walking so much, and then just plain continuously being on the go. We raised a little over two hundred bucks, plus spent a good amount on helping the cause. Around 6:30am, I fell asleep (it was weird to see the glow of the sun starting to rise through my window), then woke up at 2pm, as I didn't set an alarm.

I didn't really do anything today (crap). I "downgraded" my AcneFree because it was cheaper and I figured I didn't need the full 10% of Benzoyl Peroxide to keep my face clean. Everything else was the same except the repairing lotion, so we'll see what happens.

I then reopened shop with Gamestore. It's wrong for me to assume, but I'm fairly positive I'll have a job with them this summer, as well as the job as an RA. Those are my hopes, and I'm sticking to 'em.

I also ate dinner with Mr. Andy, an RA I'm excited to work with next semester. I find that I never have to think of something to talk about when I'm around him. He's full of conversation pieces, and is always willing to include me, something I've found myself very thankful for. Since Russell being so busy, Dan and me on rare speaking terms and in general being on a different time schedule... though I'm surrounded by people, I find myself sometimes alone. I'm yet again at that spot of dealing with not hanging around someone I used to everything with. The hard part is that he's hanging out with everyone else around me, which just makes me feel like I'm constantly left out and unworthy.

From what I see and hear, he's cutting off anyone who knew him well by being a dick and ignoring. Then, he hangs out with people who don't know him that well so he can be who he wants to be (whether it's real or not).

I just wish that I, the person who he said brought out the best in him, could be the friend I should be, tossing aside all of the mixed emotions and bullshit, and confront him.

I must have really hit a number with that one.

Random Fact: The most sensitive parts of the body are the mouth and the fingertips

No comments: