Thursday, August 9, 2007

Missing Me?

So, there has been a lot going on in the past week that has impaired me from really wanting to write. Mainly, it has to do with a paper, sleeping, rock climbing and then going to random movies.

The most recent movie watching has been Tales Of Earthsea, done by Miyazaki's son (which automatically makes it a good film). Given, it's not the best, but it still has those qualities that make me watch them over and over again ("them" being Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro...). Plus, I've found that America won't be getting this film until 2009.

BOYAH!!!! Finally. Something New Zealand has that you don't. I'm loving it.

In other news, I bought a dress to go to a Hollywood Ball here, in which I'm then going to use the dress for being Princess Peach. I'm stoked. Especially since I'll just be wearing the dress to just be wearing it otherwise. It'll be interesting. And fun. I like fun.

I've also watched Surf's Up, which is actually really good. I liked the different angle, and I found Z to be positively hilarious. However, Evan Almighty was just a film to me. I liked Bruce Almighty better, in which case there seemed to be more to it. Though, I did like the whole Act Random Kindess deal. That was witty.

So, I have to re-read some books (involving The Earthcycle Series) and a ahold of some other ones that I hadn't been able to in the states. One nice thing about being here is that they have more diversity. Bad things is that things I'm used to having in the states means they're less likely to be here. As it is, I'm finding a nice balance between having a social life and getting other things done. Considering I had a little crash earlier on in the week (damn menstruation cycle), I've suddenly found myself being around positive energy through and through. It could be a sudden change of outlook, but I also like to believe that I've made some positive decisions as well.

I like being who I am. And letting others be who they are. If only the whole thing could continue on forever.

So, still up for many new events in the future. So far, I've managed to get away with two assignments based on video games (I love going for a major I adore), one of which is a speech. I mean, to be truthful, the best job in the world for me right now would definitely be a game reviewer. Given, I'd get some sucky ones ever-so-often. But, think about it. Now that video game ratings are going crazy (thanks for good ol' Grand Theft Auto), raters must now play a game all the way through before placing the nice little sticker of what the rating is. So, I'd be getting paid to play a video game all the way through. Then writing reviews for it.

Cha-ching!.

Random Fact: Snails breathe through their feet.

No comments: