Monday, August 13, 2007

Duh?

I think I may have annoyed Michael tonight in a way I never found possible.

It really started off with A Perfect Circle. Normally, a conversation of so will get one props. Who doesn't particularly like A Perfect Circle?

I made a passing comment of how I didn't think they liked America anymore (slightly joking. There are always parts one doesn't enjoy, but that doesn't mean one hates it).

He said, "Well, duh."

To say the least, I was a little offended, but I remembered I had walked into it. So, I merely stated, "Well, as much as it's not perfect, that doesn't mean it's bad. We just have to change the parts that aren't as good."

He mightly disagreed. In fact, after a few back and forths, he said, "When you find a way to stop things like people destruction and so forth, let me know and I'll agree."

"The only reason," I said, "that things are continuing in such a state is because people keep saying things like that! Instead of doing something, they don't want to do the work and just complain about it." There was a moments pause until I said, "I'm a true believer that if someone truly wants to do something, then it will be done. Take me for instance. I've been wanting to go to New Zealand since... um... seventh grade?"

"Psh. Why would you want to come here?"

"I donno. I've just always wanted to come. It's something I had to do. And now, here I am. I worked my ass off, got a grade or two that didn't please me and have crazy loans taken out, but I'm here." I was hoping he'd catch my point, that all he had to do was just believe or something to that effect. I mean, just smiling at a random person can really change the future.

Instead, he clicked out of the solitare game he was playing on my computer, got up and left with the excuse of needing to do some homework.

And I thought Pisces and Scorpio were supposed to get along.

Otherwise, I can truthfully say I do suck at poetry. Yes, it's a class, but that doesn't mean I don't suck. I know what I have to do to be better, but I'll just have to see if I can go for it.

I still say drinking and partying is not for me.

I've taken out three books from the library (one of which I've just finished), am surprised at my ability to keep up with my workload, and managed to find red henna to re-dye my bangs (also known as "fringe" here in the NZ). It turned out rather nicely, and I have more than enough to continue for the next year or so.

To be honest, there's nothing much else to report. I want to post pictures, but the internet here isn't too pleasant (damn the non-fiberoptics!!). However, I've been busy. I feel particularly pleased with life. And I can't wait for Australia!

Random Fact: The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the males head off.

No comments: