Wednesday, August 15, 2007

For Ears Only

I adore music. I wrote about it in the previous blog, but it's so much more than making video games or movies or my favorite Anime.

It affects us all, no matter what you say. It can make or break a day. I woke up to Good Time and was inspired to have a good day. I listened to Fruits Basket music and I get this warm happy/sad feeling, one that tells me everything will be okay and yet it won't.

Miyazaki's film music seems to soar through my soul. And that's what music is supposed to do for every individual. Make the soul do something fantastic. There shouldn't be a reason why not to sing aloud, whether the voice of an angel or sounding like a broken gear inside a watch. Who cares if you sound like a dirty, rusted pipe from an old pipe? Whatever makes you tick is what makes the beauty.

It's for fun. It's for truth. And let's not forget about talent.

So, I suppose this could be considered an apology. For getting emotional over a song for no apparent reason. For singing along to anything I know the lyrics to and the ones I don't.

I just like music.

Random Fact: It was at a concert in Minneapolis in 1954 that Al Dvorin first closed Elvis's concerts with: "Ladies and Gentleman, Elvis has left the building. Thank you and good night."

No comments: