Thursday, July 12, 2007

KiwiLand

Elsewise known as New Zealand.

I'm sorry I haven't been updating as usual. It's a rather long explanation as to how New Zealand uses their internet. I won't go into detail, so let's just say that I'm using a crappy internet for now because it's free.

In other news, I'm making fast friends, I've seen my first (and more than positive only) kiwi bird, and am getting involved in many different clubs, which include anime, origami, radio, newspaper and video (they don't have a television station at the place I'm studying at... sad). I'll be picky once I see the opportunities ahead, but until then, I want it all and I want it now.

I'm also checking out on the idea of sitting in on classes for no credit (auditing). I have to pay more if I want more than four classes, and the Introduction to Cross-Cultural Communication seems more than fun. We'll see what the teacher says.

Otherwise, I still don't feel weird about being in another country. Yes, I miss my parents, but there's so much for me to do, I've not been able to really worry.

There are many American's here, and they tend to group together, which is sad because I really want to just group out. Yes, they're nice, but it's more of that I want to experience everything I can. Once school starts, since I'll be the only one in those classes (papers), then I'll really get to see what it's got to offer.

Mmmmmm..... Kiwi.....

No comments: