Sunday, May 6, 2007

Roses = Thorns

I find it interesting how people speak with celebrities over the internet--meaning, through places like Myspace. Not to say that it isn't cool to see celebs keeping in touch with their fans, writing about their experiences besides their careers and using their fanciness for good. I'm just saying that I'm actually at least fifty percent interested in what people say on their pages besides the other posts and content. What people decide to say is really... well... interesting.

In other news, I have the number one procrastinating skillz with a 'z' in the past three weeks than I have ever in my life. It's probably the added features of getting New Zealand into gear, but that's just blaming. It's me. I like the "thrill" (yes, even typing this I used my "quote fingers"... twice) of doing things those last few seconds. It racks my brain for the best of the best. It's interesting because I end up getting what I'd never usually get from myself--but then I also sometimes end up missing other things in order to get things done.

But enough about that. More on the subject of I knew that Peter Parker (more like whiny bitch) was going to turn out emo!!!. I also figured that the movie would draw out like nobodies business. How did I know this? Well, it wasn't a matter of knowing. I just don't like Spiderman. The movies, that is. Now, now, I don't want to be bombarded with e-mails to tell me otherwise. Just respect my opinion of that it looks fake. And know the fact that I'm a huge fan of X-men. All the way. Because, well, that means that there's more than one and it's more realistic.

In fact, I've never really been a big fan of watching one guy take out an entire army (as in killing/knocking unconscious, not out for dinner). Except for that one time while watching Kill Bill Vol. 1. That was not only awesome, but also the kind of Kung Fu I like to watch.

The point is, reading it as a comic: realistic to me for some odd reason. Seen in real life? I want to roll my eyes because it doesn't "look" good enough. Superman just doesn't have enough things to go against him. Aquaman is creepy. Pretty much the cool ones are shapeshifters or mentalists.

Which also I bring out the fact that during my D&D phase, I really, really, really wanted to have a narcoleptic mage, so I'd have to roll every single time I wanted to do something to see if I'd fall asleep before hand. As hilarious as I found this, no one else was amused enough to allow me to do so. Someday, though. Don't worry, Narcissa. Someday.

I got in my Chinese fortune cookie "Financial opportunity lies ahead." This is a very good thing. I haven't been able to find a job for over the summer before I go to New Zealand. Hopefully, a coffee job will pull through via my father.

I'm in a happy mode to know that, though cuddles from guys are scarce, I have two cats at home who purr immediately when I come home. I already sound like a spinster, I know, but I'm still thankful for the small amount of care I receive every day.

Random Fact: By recycling just one glass bottle, the amount of energy that is being saved is enough to light a 100 watt bulb for four hours.

No comments: