Monday, April 30, 2007

Round Wheels

I get car sick. Not a lot of people know this. Most likely because I don't like thinking about how I feel when I think that I'm going to puke if I don't roll down my window to get that fresh air. I get that head-ache that gets worse when I smell the oldness of a car, in which junk has been placed and not removed for over three years.

Interestingly enough, I don't get car sick in my own car or an immediate family car. And I usually get car sick when I'm sitting in the back. To cure, I roll down my window and have the air walloping my face, no matter how cold, and close my eyes. If I close my eyes with no wind, I get sicker. If I have the wind and don't close my eyes, my head becomes even dizzier as I watch the trees and other cars pass me by even quicker than before.

Today, I think the taste of a good Dairy Queen cherry-dipped cone with crunch brought back those old memories, and confused my mind as I got into the passenger seat in the front while my new room mate drove us back home. I can officially say that I haven't had Dairy Queen for quite some time, and to have the smooth ice cream was a pleasant reminder of how summer tastes and feels. I was particularly surprised and happy to see that they not only do a cherry-dip on the cone, but also the crunch, because many DQ's don't do the whole "cherry-dip crunch" anymore. I was satisfied and able to put away my worries for those few minutes of jibber-jabbering about certain folks, a pastime I've tried to give up, but for some reason can't seem to find anything else more interesting than what I believe to be stupid.

For this portion of my blog, I've decided to finally put in a matter I haven't really spoken of. Though some may find this to be an old subject, now that I feel numb to the subject myself, I think I can write this without feeling intense sickness/mournfulness.

I am extremely opposed to everything that happened with the Virginia Tech students. I'm obviously opposed to mass killings of any kind, and even to the any kinds of killings, but the way the whole situation was handled--I can officially say I was sick to my stomach, and I still get nauseous when I think too much on the subject.

I'm opposed to the fact that they put on the murderer's videos/clips and showed the world a face twisted with such rage and hatred.

I'm opposed to how they fully did what that man wanted: showing the videos.

I'm opposed to ever allowing my child watch the news again because of this.

This is coming from a person who watches more movies than the average gal. Coming from a gal who watches almost N/R movies and says, "That wasn't very violent." A twenty-year-old who thinks playing God of War II should be on the Wii because no one gets the "full experience otherwise."

This could be because I can tell the difference between what's real and what's not--and video games/movies are placed easily in my head as the latter. But I can truthfully say I have never seen a more crazy look before in my life. I literally felt sick, and being surrounded by televisions playing the same thing over and over and over, the same wave of disgust pounding against me, of contempt someone had for another so much that they had to die...

I'm going into the Mass Communication department. I was almost ashamed and didn't want to involve myself if these were the kind of decisions these people made every day. But all that means is that I just learn more and make something better. Much better.

Random Fact: The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria than a toilet.

No comments: