Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Holy Island-Smacking Saving Batman!

Okay. I mean, wow. And when I say that 'wow,' I mean wow.

I will say this right now: I am a Lost addict.

I remember when it first came out, but I couldn't watch it because I worked all the time and, since I was in the dorms in college, I couldn't really tape it and no one else seemed particularly caring for it.

Thank the lords for a great friend at work.

It all started with a casual, "Hey, I really wanted to watch this! The first season is out, and I've got a free rent... Wanna get the first disc?"

The rest is history, as I was sucked into the world, immediately switching DVDs when I was finished to the second disc. When I thought I'd die from having to pay for the whole season, Mo from work mentioned he had the first and second season. My crack was already bought and paid for--now, all that was needed was time.

It's a sad story to say that, during my breaks for Winter and Spring was filled with me sitting in front of a screen, drinking in all of the information spewed at me; I couldn't help it. So much was happening, so many lies, so many truths, no way to keep them all straight and, to top things off, no one to really talk to about it. I thankfully got my brother addicted, and my mother started to keep track as well.

Tonight was the night we all watched the finale. Jesus. No, for cereal, Jesus. What a doozy. Since I don't want to ruin anything for anyone, I'll improvise with my own dubs in place of important spoilers.

Okay, can you believe that they HAD GIANT UNICORNS WHOM THREW CONFETTI AT MIDNIGHT FOR NEW YEARS? And how about the fact that LARGE DOGS THAT WEAR BOOTIES AREN'T THE NEW PARIS HILTON? After his fist collided with JUPITER'S MOON, GANYMEDE, I was cheering until I realized FORK PLUS SPOON EQUALS SPORK, BUT THE CUPS OF SUGAR TO THE MOON REMAINS ANONYMOUS.

I think that's my favorite thing about the show. I can't tell what's going to happen anymore, not really. In all reality, I don't know what to believe, who to believe and where any truth is... but I like it. I have come the conclusion, though, that Bernard and Rose are probably the only characters so far that have a pretty clean record. Obviously, it's always subject to change, they are truly good (except for when GOOGLY EYES GET STUCK AT MIDNIGHT WITHOUT CEREAL TO PASTE IT).

It's been difficult, though. Now that I'm used to it, I just can't go back to commercial watching. I despise the process: five minutes of show, ten minutes of advertising I could care less about. I have yet to think of one commercial at this time that I thought, "Well, gee, golly,gosh! That's exactly what I need! Now!"

Except for those infomercials. Have you seen the one for that Magic Bullet yet? For cereal. That's the bomb.

As it is, I have a heartache the size of Alaska (that's larger than Texas!) as I know that I'm going to have to wait until next January until I see what the hell happens next. I mean, for cereal, if any of you saw the ending, you know what I'm speaking of. Where in the hell are they going to go from here? Given, I guessed some of the plot lines (Zach can vouch for my plot-reading skillz with a 'z'), but that doesn't mean it makes it all better; it just means that I was able to confuse myself further as Ben EATS POPSICLES ON FROZEN PENS but what else does Jacob CRAVE WHEN A RACCOON PULLS A MINNOWS' SCALE?

I almost wish I'd waited until the whole thing was over so I could wait for the DVDs. Almost.

I will say that it was a two hour bloodbath. A very satisfying bloodbath (in the sense of people getting what they finally deserve). What happened made me finally go, "THANK YOU!!!!"

Oh, and I advise not looking up Lost in wikipedia. It has spoilers up the yin-yang, even for looking up to see the characters. Just pay for the crack and insert via player. Watch for several hours. Repeat.

Random Fact: Not even the members of the Lost cast know what's going to happen until they get the script for that day. What craziness they must be going through as well!

No comments: