Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I Promise Not To Gamble

At least in Las Vegas. Because, well. I'm not old enough.

That's right, Las Vegas. The possibility of going there came up a few weeks ago, but I waved it off because I didn't have any money, didn't know what it was about and wasn't sure if I were "accepted" by the mass communication crowd. Now they're begging me to come, the plans look fantastic and it's a great opportunity for me to learn more about the uprising of my Minor. My college is more than willing to pay for the ticket into the expo, but not the ticket/hotel costs themselves. However, the more people that go, the less the price is going to be.

My mother is repeating over and over that I can't have everything while the rebellious side of me is urging to prove her wrong, that I can do anything and everything I want at the time I want to do them. Usually, my mother is right, but I feel as if this is an opportunity that will never arise again because we're, oh, about eight million in debt (our college is).

Of course, I keep thinking to myself that I'm already getting a once in a life-time opportunity by going to New Zealand. But I'm also telling myself that college is the time to get this stuff done, to be able to have these great moments, memories and experiences. I'm sick of telling myself no (which is probably why I end up saying "Screw it" at the most inopportune time). I want what I want, and I want it now.

I want to finish all of my classes. I want to have homework done on time. I want to get up early and stay up late. I want to have all of my New Zealand things done by this Sunday. I want to be accepted by New Zealand, have a good paying job to help me pay for expenses, have New Zealand not be expensive so I can actually go, go to New Zealand for that year and come back to a school that's still intact and is welcoming me to the departments with open arms and get me ready to graduate by the time my four years are up (though I'll settle for fifth).

I also want Zach Braff.

Please give me everything in that paragraph before Zach Braff. Sure, I want Zach Braff, but everything above it is more accessible.

Phew. These last few weeks are going to be the hardest. I refuse to die.

Random Fact: More than 2 million documents will be lost by the IRS this year.

No comments: