Monday, February 5, 2007

Gee, I Wish I Could But... I Don't Want To

I know that everyone is already mentioning it, but I'ma going to say it again! It's freaking cold outside! My eyes are actually starting to tear! And I have a lot of walking around to do on campus, but I have this deep refusal of going through the tunnels to get my things done. Probably because I have about fifty layers on. By the end of our snowdays, I'll have lost twenty pounds via sweat. Not that I'll be complaining.

I was thinking this morning, I have an odd sense of pride. Like, at the end of making my meal, I'll think, "Hey, nothing started on fire!"

Why would I think that? Nothing I've ever made has started on fire without my meaning to (Banana's Foster requires it).

Yes, I'm clean and fresh!

Durp-a-durp, I just took a shower. Many people take showers.

I actually did all of my homework the way it was supposed to be done and on time!

I'm really reaching out for the hard stuff, aren't I?

Of course, there is such a thing as no pride, so I at least have some of it. I'll just hafta scrape around for some dignity.

So, I went to the doctor today to receive information and ended up getting a perscription (yay... more things I hafta remember to take). Just before she told me what it was, she said, "Are you sexually active?"

I kind of balked, thinking, What does that have to do with the prices of peas in Persopolis? but said, "No. And I'm not really planning on it."

She then proceeded to say, "And not planning on being pregnaunt, right?"

"Uh, no."

Apparently, whatever she's putting me on will transform my baby into some kind of deformed teeth being if I take it while pregnaunt. Though I gratefully took it, it makes me worry about the things we put in our bodies. I mean, caffeine is bad enough as it is, not including junkfood and what-not. But I couldn't help but think of those commercials:

Get yours today! (side effects may include: memory loss, bleeding from abnormal orifices, loss of bowel movement, severe diarrhea, loss of hair, humor and sex drive, along with the possiblility of becoming schizophrenic). Starting your car is an every day event, and doesn't have to be a problem. Call for your pill today at 1-800-SCR-EWED.

Sorry about that. Guess I just can't stand watching a commercial that says "It will cure you!" but then say that a side effect may be what you're trying to cure.



Random Fact: Kite flying is a professional sport in Thailand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. Thanks!
Mom