Tuesday, July 15, 2014

When Friendship Flips

Me:

Justin:
I usually find things like this entertaining.
I'm going to confess, I don't get it.

Me:
It's a trap, Justin.
A huge trap.
Every time you get an achievement, they show another one you can get.

Justin:
Have you fallen for it?

Me:
I believe it is an experiment they wanted to try, honestly.
I got up to 500 cookies, then an achievement for 10,000 popped up.
I would have maybe gone back to try for 3,000 later, just to see if I could do it, but I decided I would not commit myself to more. Because I know it wouldn't be just one more.

Justin:
Aren't you kind of wondering what you get at 10k?

Me:
Of course I'm curious. But I already know what it will be.
It went from 10 to 100 to 500 to 3,000 to 10,000.
The next logic step would be 50,000.
And every time, they'd be all, "Well, I got this far, why wouldn't I finish?"
Because I don't need to.
#wise

Justin:
Maybe the game changes then.
Maybe you should just commit and get there.
Can you hit return instead of click? You could get to 10k easy.

Me:
You are such a little devil, Justin.

Justin:
I'm curious.
And it surprises me a bit.

Me:
You are the bubble in Usagi's head.

Justin:
Yes, yes I am.
I just didn't picture you as a quitter.

Me:
I'm not.
I just know when to quit.
I have a good balance.

Justin:
"know when to quit" = quitter
What if at 10K you get something other than another achievement?

Me:
Why don't you find out? :)

Justin:
I just got an auto-clicker.
You need to spend some money.
Do it, Mallory.
Just get the auto-clicker and let it run.
Then click every now and again.
You'll have it by the end of the day.

Me:
Bahahahahahahahaha!
Isn't that fake winning?

Justin:
Have a total of five minutes invested.

Me:
Why don't YOU do it?!

Justin:
I am doing it.
I now have five clickers clicking every second.
And I am going to leave it all day.

Me:
OMFG

Justin:
I honestly think for a 20 minute investment in time, you could get it to be over 10k by the end of the day.
#addicted

Me:
*laughs*
I can't believe this.
I wish I were there to video record this going down.

Justin:
You're going to get me terminated.

Me:
I genuinely feel as if we have swapped places in our friendship roles.

No comments: