Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Strong Points

Justin:
MALLORY
I just found a butter candy in the bottom of my bag.
How old is it? No clue.
Did I eat it immediately? Yes.

Me:
As long as it isn't in the street next to garbage cans.

Justin:
#wouldstilleatit

Me:
Do you realize how easy it would be to kidnap you?
How did this not happen to you as a child?
A white van, a Werther's, and you're gone.

Justin:
Totally.
And I'd like it.
I would have gotten out of it.
Those creepy old man clown persons couldn't keep me contained.

Me:
Unless they had a bowl of Werther's at your beck and call.

Justin:
It's not kidnapping if you go willingly.

Me:
And now I'm wondering about the legitimacy of your child.

Justin:
As you should.
I wish I had a tatt of an eagle across my entire back.

Me:
I can get a Kickstarter going for you, if you wish.
Make this dream come true.

Justin:
How much do you think it would cost?

Me:
If you want it the length of your back? $800-$1,000 if you want full color and really good detail. Maybe more, depending on who you got it from.

Justin:
Really?
Tatts are spendy, apparently.

Me:
Yeah, it was $120 for the one I got...four years ago? And it is black and white, maybe a little over six inches in length, two inches in width.
(a quill)

Justin:
I was going to ask what it was.
That's kind of fun!
Where is it?

Me:
You think it was a penis?
It's on my ankle, going down onto my foot.
One day, I will get words written, maybe.

Justin:
Ooo! Ooo!
Will you please have it read:
"Dysentery sucks. OT 1989 4 life."

Me:
I feel like that should be in a heart on your arm.

Justin:
Next to "mom"

Me:
Next to two tear drops.
You know, for the homies that didn't make it.

Justin:
I think we should draw tatts for people.
We're really good at this.

Me:
I'm sorry, but I am laughing really hard right now because I am imagining the picture you drew me with you forging across the ocean to India.
And thinking of the poor soul who would get that as a tattoo.
Although, I will admit, best image of a dead ox ever.

Justin:
#nailedit
I should quit while I've made you laugh.

Me:
Quitting while you're ahead is no one's strong point.


No comments: