Monday, March 30, 2009

Hopes, Dreams, Elephants...

Sometimes, I am overwhelmed by music and the written word. I feel such an emotion that I can't even begin to explain to someone without feeling embarrassed, or stupid. The emotion bubbles up inside, my eyes stinging.

Songs I had heard my entire life, I'm suddenly listening.

Words I have seen, I'm reading, comprehending.

Later, I go back to these things, in search of why. But they are simply words again, song again.

Instead, they are memories. I listen to or read them over and over again, in hopes to have that same connection I had for those few precious moments. And I think back to the time when I was one with that moment.

In fear of being too sensitive, I'll never mention these moments to anyone. Just acknowledge that it happened.

My own personal secret for each book and song.

Random Fact: Los Angeles’ full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula.”

No comments: