Tuesday, July 15, 2008

You'll Never Catch Me Doing This Again

Elaborate on your default icon.
A friend wanted a picture of me with my glasses. Whenever I comply, it usually won't be in the way you hoped. I thought it was funny, and I joked that it was supposed to be a head shot for Cosmopolitan, but they hadn't called back to let me know if I'm in. Ha, ha. I am so funny. Seriously.

What's your current relationship status?
Single, and currently loving it. It gets lonely at times, wanting the whole cuddling and someone waiting for you, but it's nice to not have that sort of drama, too. When it comes, it'll come.

Ever have a near-death experience?
Yes, but it'll just worry the parentals to know of it ^_~

Name an obvious quality you have.
I ask questions constantly. The good friends I have not only put up with this, but they always have an answer, no matter how random the question may be.

What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
I have multiple songs in my head, as I've been playing the same playlist over and over in the past week. I usually keep the songs on the right side of this page up-to-date on my music-in-my-head status.

Any celeb you would marry?
Huh, that's a toughie. I have plenty of celebs I adore (John Krasinski, Dane Cook... sometimes even Orlando Bloom, but that usually means I've had an overload of his romantic looks). I suppose if this were a shotgun wedding, and I had to chose now, John Krasinski. Subject to change, of course.

Who will cut and paste this first?
? You're assuming people read this!

Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
Yes, actually! I've had many people say I look like Kate Winslet, from friends to strangers. Though I've yet to see how I can compare to her, I'll take the compliment--she's amazing!

Do you wear a watch? What kind?
I've tried and always failed--time and I aren't friends. Let's leave it at that.

Do you have anything pierced?
My lobes and top left ear.

Do you have any tattoos?
Two on my left inner ankle. I plan on getting more as I travel.

Do you like pain?
Not saying I like it, but I'm good to go if it happens. I just 'suck it up' because there's always something worse that could happen. And whining about it doesn't help.

Do you like to shop?
I like to shop for things when it's something I really want. Video games, electronics, books, yarn, tea...

What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Tea tree oil, Lindenflower spray and a fancy white spice grinder (yet still cheap--I'll hopefully get one o' them marble ones, as well as a fancy rice cooker)

What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
Part of the present for my mother--the frame for the poem I wrote, and the handmade paper to print it on

What is your desktop background?
It's a black and white photo of Death Valley at night. I sometimes find another picture to put on as a background, but I really like looking at this one.

What is the background on your cell phone?
All in shades of orange, a man break dancing (moving, too) with the background being a bike, helicopter and a boat driving by what I think is the Statue of Liberty. It came with the phone, and whenever I open it, there's a break dance beat for two seconds. My friends and I like to get down before making a call.

Do you like redheads?
Sure! I am half one, myself! In that sense, I mean that I use henna to dye my bangs, for three years now. I've always wanted to be one since I was little (Ah, The Little Mermaid).

Do you know any twins?
Actually, I know quite a few. And though they look alike, they're always completely different.

Do you have any weird relatives?
I think everyone is weird. We're all fucked up in our own ways (and the more you learn, the more fucked up you realize we all are. I love it.)

What was the last movie you watched?
Myster Science Theater 3000: The Movie with my father. "NORMAL VIEW! NORMAL VIIEEEEW!"

What was the last book you read?
Um, I guess that would be Dead to the World. I'm re-reading the series again, though I should be finishing Eclipse or For a Few Demon's More or House of Leaves or Fantasy Gone Wrong...

Is there such a thing as love at first sight, or is it more likely to be "lust at first sight"?
I believe we can feel connections at first sight, whether that be lust or friendship, but real love comes later.

What's your favorite novel?
Favorite series is Southern Vampire by Charlaine Harris right now. Who knows when I'll leave this vampire phase?

When was the last time you visited the street where you first lived?
Um, if we're talking baby, not since we left (my parents don't want to go back to the 'trailer from hell'). If you're talking truly lived, like where I considered I grew up, about a year ago, perhaps. I stopped passing by it because it officially doesn't look like anything I remember.

Do you read your horoscope?
When I remember and am curious, sure! I don't think of it as a way of life, but as a reminder/advice on how to look at a situation. Most of that stuff is the common sense thing we forget to do, as it's staring us in the face every day.

Who's your favourite of the seven dwarves?
I always liked Grumpy--a jerk, but a softy at heart (what does that tell you about my choice of guys, I wonder O.o)

When was the last time you googled your own name?
Phew... two years ago? I think we were told to do it for a class to see what we could come up with on ourselves--all of it was old High School/Jr. High accomplishments. BORING.

What was your favourite subject at school?
I really like my writing classes or anything that has to do with video editing

What was your least favorite subject at school?
Probably math--it's not that I'm not good at it, I just got consistently bored and I usually didn't like my teachers. They'd always go over and over the same problems. I usually got my homework done while we were supposed to be listening to the stupid theories.

Do you like having your photograph taken?
I enjoy making a memory, I suppose. But I'm usually apt to just living in the moment rather than pulling myself away. I'll never be the photojournalist.

What time were you born?
9pm? Later? My mom said it was on a full moon, so it musta been at night sometime.

Ever seriously questioned your sanity?
If you haven't, you may just be insane.

How many phone numbers do you have remembered and can say off the top of your head?
Too many to want to go through right now. When you're an RA, it's easier to have most of them memorized for 'in case' matters.

Can you Limbo?
Fuck no! Limbo is for wimps and communists!!

Have you ever killed your own dinner?
Fish, yes (rule to clean your own fish at a friends' place). Otherwise, I've yet to kill my own deer or cow. Or buffalo.

How long have you been living at your current residence?
Dorms as an RA, seven months about. Where my parents are, three years this summer, I think.

What phobias do you have?
The biggest is losing my parents, brother or someone else close--I've yet to have someone close to me die (besides a pet). Otherwise, I sometimes get claustrophobic. I also think I have a fear of love.

What's your ideal breakfast?
Without thought to food, I love big breakfasts at home. Dad cooking, all of us sauntering over to eat at one table... a great way to start my day!

Food wise? I love anything breakfast food (would have it three times a day!), but I guess French Toast is my favorite. With pomegranate juice, peaches, pineapple, banana, strawberry, raspberry mixed in with muesli... Yum!

Where are you right now?
In my dorm room, looking out at the moon with my peach tea. Practically a nirvana

If you could suddenly get the skill to play any single musical instrument, which would you choose?
Drums. I've already got some guitar and piano. I would totally conquer that hands and feet coordination!

Why do you blog?
To keep myself writing. I sometimes think I don't have anything great to write, but, every once in a while, I'll suddenly realize I wrote something really fantastic, and it keeps me going. I also write so my parents can easily "check up" on me--ah, my faithful readers.

Do you have any prejudices you're willing to acknowledge?
I pretty much think I'm sexist against my own gender. I have a over-love for Jewish people. And if I see an Emo person, god-forbid, I probably don't look impressed.

What's the longest time you've stayed out of the country/where?
Six months in New Zealand.

Do you use ICQ, AOL Buddy list etc...?
Just my GTalk. AOL got boring, MSN never worked... I figure if someone needs to get my attention, I've got a phone to call or an email. I don't even text.

Do you have nightmares frequently?
Not anymore. I haven't had a nightmare since last summer, and those are rare. They usually include the said above fears, but my subconcious gets a little too creative for my likings at times.

If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
I have no fucking clue. Sometimes, I meet someone who I feel is like me and I dislike it, but that's because I feel that my originality is threatened. I usually have no qualms with close friends tacking on traits, but I hate when I've done things for years and the credit goes to someone I've talked to for a week. Sounds pathetic and lame (that's because it is), but flattery can be shown by telling someone you like something about them, not taking it. With that comment, maybe I wouldn't be.

No comments: