Sunday, February 25, 2007

To Songs We Play Over And Over

I've been feeling the same age since I was about sixteen or so. I don't feel the growth and rarely see it unless I make a point to find what's different. But when I see photos of me even from last year, I can't help but think how different I look.

Maybe what they say is true: when a person gains more confidence, finds a little more about themselves and gains knowledge of how the world works, it's shown in that small glow we are always wishing to bask in.

Okay, so they don't phrase it like that. But I still believe that I haven't changed so much to have to look at a photo and wonder what had happened.

Anna got stuck in the snow this morning, causing one of the more hilarious scenes I've been involved in. As we dug snow from around her tires, pushed and fell, the neighbors around us watched intently, not even trying to hide behind their curtains. Anna and I were laughing pretty hard at some points, my legs got covered with snow and we only got it stuck further. Eventually, a couple of Anna's brother's friends passed by and helped us push the car out and get her on her way to work.

My only regret is that I haven't made a Snowman this year. I hope I'll be able to yank someone into helping me.

Random Fact: Mel Blanc, the voice of Bugs Bunny, was allergic to carrots.

No comments: